Friday, February 28, 2014

This season

This cute list comes from this blog. It seemed like a nice way to remember what we are doing at this season in our lives.




Making: A cute banner, and baby stuff galore, for baby showers for friends.
Cooking: boiling water for tea... ?
Drinking: herbal tea
Reading: A Walk in the Woods: Rediscovering America on the Appalachian Trail by Bill Bryson andThe Hippocrates Diet by Ann Wigmore.
Wanting: Spring! The warm weather we have had has completely ruined the end of winter for me.
Looking: forward to to the Baker Creek Heirloom Seed Spring Planting festival. I've been wanting to go for years and this year WE ARE GOING!! I cannot wait. The line up is amazing, and I cannot wait to meet the Gettle family! "Come and join us and 7000 gardeners at America's premier event of seeds, plants, music, culture and the celebration of historic foods. Enjoy a sense of community with fascinating seed collectors, renowned musicians, national speakers, historic demonstrators, food activists, home schoolers, western re-enactors, organic growers, gourmet chefs, free-thinkers, historic farm animals & poultry, Ozarkian crafters, trendy vendors and herbal hippies..." Yes, yes, yes!
Playing: outside! Zulu (the pup) and I have been loving this weather. She loves when we can stay out and walk more that 20 minutes at a time.
Wasting: time...writing this blog post, haha.
Sewing: Pillows for our bed.
Wishing: we had a huge backyard, and it was time to start our garden (can you tell I'm ready for spring??).
Enjoying: Feeling creative.
Waiting: to find out where Matt's job will take us. It's exciting and frustrating not knowing when and where you can put down roots. I try not to think that way, but it's hard to feel 100% commited to a place, job, etc. when you know you may be moving anywhere in the next year.
Liking: That it is Friday! Yay for the weekend!
Exploring: Using a sewing machine.  "Man, I feel like a woman."
Loving: Our new heaboard! I can't stop gushing over it. (Sorry, I'm not sorry.) I plan to write a post on it this weekend with my very primitive DIY instructions.
Hoping: warmer weather hits Memphis, soon.
Marveling: At what a little sunshine can do for a person. :)
Needing: to do dishes.
Smelling: the herbs drying on my rack in the kitchen. Wonderful.
Wearing: My mocassin slippers ALL THE TIME. Sometimes Matt has to remind me to take them off before heading out the door. Thankfully I have only forgotten and accidentally worn them to work once.
Following: Ukraine
Noticing: how much stronger I'm getting since adding a pilates class to my yoga rotation. Even though I miss the relaxation and long poses, I think I am becomingly slightly addicted to pilates.
Knowing: myself.
Thinking: all the time! My head is constantly spinning, going one million miles an hour trying to keep up with my crazy ideas.
Feeling: free.
Bookmarking: Blogs. Always on the lookout for new blog reads.
Opening: the books...ugh. Just got my study guides for the Series 7 Securities Exam. Yay me?
Giggling: with my husband. we have had some lovely conversations and fun, lately.
Feeling: Excited! About the future, about right now, just everything.

Obviously sunshine and springtime were on my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment